How to Prepare: CMC Vellore Medical Entrance Exam
CMC (Christian Medical College) Vellore is associated to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and is one of the largest medical business centres in India. It conducts an all-India entrance test (CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test) every year to select students for admission into various under-graduate level medical and para-medical courses offered by it.
The syllabus for the CMC Vellore Entrance Exam 2012 is usually mixture of 10+2 level boards that are recognised by the TN Dr MGR University. The test would contain the following sections:
- General Ability emphasizing on speed and accuracy
- Issues of current topical interest
Lakhs of students appear for the pre-medical examinations and the numbers have only increased over the years. Some preparation tips for aspiring doctors:
- Your school books are your Bible. Clear your fundamentals through them before picking up any additional books. In fact, most of the questions in the preliminary and final exams are prepared from the school text books.
- Once you are well-versed with your text books, start building up your knowledge with books like Objective Biology by Dinesh, Arihant Objective Approach to Physics Vol II , Pradeep Objective Chemistry by SN Dhawan, SC Kheterpal and PN Kapil, AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication) etc.
- It is advisable to start your preparations right from class XIth. Join a good coaching institute if you feel you need an external source to instill discipline and to be a part of a good study group against whom you can constantly assess yourself. Also, the mock tests conducted by such institutes are a big help in building up confidence and setting the pace for the actual exam.
- Devote a good number of hours for regular and daily studies and revision. Align your biological clock in such a way that you take simulated/mock tests around the same time as the actual exam would take place.